Sunday 5 May 2013

Fruit & veg box 5/5


This week's fruit & veg box was more fruit than veg - could this be a sign that summer is finally on the way ?! We got three punnets of strawberries, some melons, some pears and some plums. On the veg front, we got new potatoes, red peppers and courgettes. Most of the fruit will be eaten as it is - the kids love melon on it's own or served with Parma ham. Most of the strawberries have already been eaten as dessert with a scoop of ice cream. And the potatoes were roasted up with roast pork, as I did a couple of weeks ago. I think I'll make a Potato, Tomato and Courgette Casserole with the courgettes. And if we actually get barbecue weather, I might use the red pepper for making lovely marinated meat skewers to go on the grill.


This is what I like to see - a fruit bowl literally overflowing with goodies. Pears, clementines, huge oranges, bananas, melons, pineapple, plums, apples ... Who needs biscuits or cakes? This will be my healthy snacking ground this week !

Other blogposts you may be interested in :


Madhouse recipe : Beetroot Risotto

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...