Wednesday 10 July 2013

CD review : The Music of Nashville - Original Soundtrack (volume 1)


I think I'm getting a little bit addicted to Nashville ! I reviewed the boxset of the first season a couple of weeks ago after watching the first of five discs, but I've been watching back to back episodes so I'm already halfway through the final disc. I'm totally hooked and am already wondering what I'll do with myself once I've watched the final episode. (Update : since starting to write this review yesterday, I've now finished watching the final episodes - aggghhhhh what a place to leave it ! I couldn't help myself, I had to google "Nashville season 2 spoilers" to find out what happens after the explosive final scenes !)

Well, help is at hand ! I've just received a CD of the original soundtrack of the show. The CD features ten songs (eleven tracks but there are two versions of the same song, even if they are very different). The tracklisting is as follows : 

1. "Buried Under" - Connie Britton
2. "If I Didn't Know Better" - Sam Palladio and Clare Bowen
3. "Undermine" - Hayden Panettiere and Charles Esten
4. "Sideshow" - Charles Esten
5. "Wrong Song" - Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere
6. "No One Will Ever Love You" - Connie Britton and Charles Esten
7. "Twist of Barbwire" - Jonathan Jackson
8. "Love Like Mine" - Hayden Panettiere
9. "Telescope" - Lennon Stella and Maisy Stella
10. "When the Right One Comes Along"- Clare Bowen and Sam Palladio
11. "Telescope" (radio mix) - Hayden Panettiere

The songs are all brilliant and I've been playing the CD a lot, but I do have a couple of niggles. Firstly, my absolutely favourite songs from the show aren't on there - Fade Into You, sung by Gunnar & Scarlett on the show, and the absolutely brilliant Ho Hey, sung by Rayna's girls. I bet you can guess what I'm going to say next - there's a volume 2 available too which does feature, amongst others, the two songs that I felt were missing from the original CD. With a runtime of just over half an hour, I felt that the record company were being a bit stingy. Why didn't they just put both volumes together and sell it as a double album? I'm sure most fans will end up buying both volumes anyway !



If you still haven't discovered Nashville yet, here's a little look at what you're missing. This is my favourite song on this album - I love the chemistry between Rayna and Deacon.

And just for the fans (including me!), here are those two songs that you'll have to buy volume 2 for !



So young and so full of talent !



More great chemistry and another brilliant voice from Clare Bowen.

Right, who wants to buy me volume 2 for my birthday then ?!

I have some fabulous news for fans of the show - you can win a copy of BOTH volumes of the CD in my giveaway, coming right up. I'm just too good to you !

star rating : 4.5/5


Disclosure : I received the CD in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Nashville : Complete Season One DVD review

4 comments:

  1. this sounds fantastic - will have to go and investigate now - can i blame you if the dvd boxset falls into a shopping basket please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to win this. I love the show and the music. Cannot wait to see how season 2 starts after 1 ended. It was a nail biter

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...