Wednesday 3 August 2016

Madhouse recipe : Parmesan and Black Onion Seed Straws


After making some luscious lemon cream and raspberry tarts, I had just a small amount of pastry left but I didn't want to throw it in the bin.


I rolled it out as thin as possible.


Then scattered parmesan and black onion seeds all over it. I love black onions seeds - they give a lovely flavour and crunch to anything from homemade bread and quiches to soups and salads.


I folded the two edges into the middle then turned it 90 degrees and did the same again - it doesn't have to be mathematical, you just want the filling on the inside !


I rolled it out again and scattered a bit more parmesan and black onion seeds on top.


Then I cut it into rough strips.


Ten minutes in the oven at 180° until they are crisp and golden brown and they're done. I barely got a look in because the kids polished them off in seconds but apparently they were delicious !


Adding to the #KitchenClearout linky as it used up the end of the pastry.

Link up your recipe of the week

4 comments:

  1. Delicious Definately one I'll try

    ReplyDelete
  2. they sound delicious and such a great way to use up left over pastry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look really good, but maybe you need to make more next time !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely do - in fact I might make some pastry specially for them rather than using up the scraps !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...